Generation is a group of individuals experiencing the same significant events for a certain time period. When we talk about ancestors, there a hierarchy. The individual, father, grandfather, great-grandfather and so on, perhaps till the cave man, pre-historic man 😉 It is interesting to see that these generations actually are categorized and named accordingly. Let us find out, which generation do you, your ancestors and descendants belong ?
- Lost Generation also known as the Generation of 1914 are the people born from 1883 to 1900, who fought World War I.
- Greatest Generation are the people are the people born from 1901 to 1927, who fought World War II and experienced Great Depression
- Silent Generation also known as the Traditionalists are the people born from 1928 to 1945, who came of age in the post-World War II era. They are also known as Lucky few.
- Baby Boomers also known as the Me Generation are the people born from 1946 to 1964, following World War II. The world saw baby boom, that is increased birth rates
- Generation X / Gen X are the people born from 1965 to 1980. In the U.S., some refer Xers the “baby bust” generation because of a drop in birth rates following the baby boom.
- Generation Y / Gen Y / Echo Boomers / Millennials are the people born from 1981 to 1996. They are termed as Millennials because the oldest became adults around the turn of the third millennium A.D. Echo boomers as they are offspring’s of baby boomers. This generation is generally increased usage and familiarity with the Internet, mobile devices, and social media. So they are sometimes called as digital natives.
- Generation Z / Gen Z / iGen / Zoomers / Centennials are the people born from 1997 and 2012. They are termed as Centennials because they were born around the turn of the century. This generation is seen to make prefers buying and chatting online with elevated use and accessibility of the Internet.
- Generation Alpha / Gen Alpha are the people born in early 2010s as starting birth years and the mid-2020s as ending birth years. It is the first to be born entirely in the 21st century. It is named after the first letter in the Greek alphabet, Alpha.