First few steps for setting up the IONIC environment:
- Install the latest stable version of NodeJS. If already installed then update it with latest stable version.
- Install ionic with command:
[sudo] npm install -g ionic
- Create a project with command:
ionic start myProject
Start customizing your project app according to your requirements
- Test myProject in a browser with command:
- Add ios and android platform to target with respective command:
ionic platform add ios
ionic platform add android
- Build your app for ios and android with respective commands:
ionic build ios
ionic build android
- Ionic comes with its own icons called ionicons, Over 500 custom designed font icons MIT licensed & ready to use with ionic.
- Additional features include reusable and customizable CSS components for UI elements.
- HTML5 input types specifically designed for mobile apps come in handy.