What is AngularJS?
What makes it special?
- Most important feature, allows building of Single Page Applications(SPAs)
- Data binding capability to HTML, gives a responsive user experience. Data-binding is the automatic synchronization of data between model and view components. The two-way data binding reduces the amount of code to be written by relieving the server backend of templating responsibilities. Instead, templates are rendered in plain HTML according to data contained in a scope defined in the model
- Filter feature helps a subset of items from an array and returns a new array.
- Built-in directives such as ng-app, ng-bind, ng-model, ng-view etc. are markers on DOM elements (such as elements, attributes). These can be used to create custom HTML tags that serve as new, custom widgets.
- The $scope service in Angular detects changes to the model section and modifies HTML expressions in the view via a controller. Likewise, any alterations to the view are reflected in the model.
The AngularJS framework can be divided into following three major parts:
- ng-app : This directive defines and links an AngularJS application to HTML.
- ng-model : This directive binds the values of AngularJS application data to HTML input controls.
- ng-bind : This directive binds the AngularJS Application data to HTML tags.